PREVENTATIVE MAINTENANCEPreventative care and maintenance protects and extends the life of your roof while saving you money. These inspections can detect repairs and leaks early on preventing further roof damage that when neglected cannot be repaired resulting in a full roof replacement job and expense.
Some roofs require more maintenance while others require less. Our roof specialists take the time to understand what your specific roof needs are so that it will work efficiently and be safe for years to come. Biannual roof inspections are recommended, but you should speak with one of our roofing professionals before determining the right plan for you and your home.
We start by gathering the known history of your roof and then performing a physical inspection by a qualified roofing professional that includes:
- Clearing debris from your roof (up to 100 square feet)
- Clearing debris from HVAC units, pipes, and around shingles
- Checking for moss and algae growth (if growth has occurred, a specialist will discuss a low-cost treatment option)
- Checking for deterioration and holes on shingles, flashing, hips, ridges, and nails/staples
- Re-securing loose shingles and replacing damaged ones
- Clearing gutters and testing downspouts
- Evaluating tree overhangs
- Evaluating weather damage, making minor fixes and repairs, diagnosing larger problems and providing repair options
- Checking chimneys, mortar and parapet walls
- Checking edge metal
- Checking for roof sagging due to water damage
- Cleaning pitch pockets
- Checking seams
Applies to single-family residential homes only.